Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thor: 1 Rock Monster: 0

Hey! New Thor: The Dark World trailer!



Thor is my favorite Avenger and this new trailer is making me really excited for his second movie. I like that the main plot seems to be an inverse of the last one. That was about Thor, Prince of Asgard having to adjust to small-town America whereas this one seems to be about rational Jane Foster of Earth adjusting to the grandeur of Asgard. That'll be a good way to keep things fresh and indulge in the big fantasy stuff you can do with Thor.

And unsurprisingly, we get a lot of Loki here. Tom Hiddleston has managed to turn a b-list Marvel villain into a fan-favorite so I don't begrudge the focus, but I hope the filmmakers don't forget he is a villain. Seems I shouldn't worry too much because every character already expects Loki's betrayal. That is straight out of the comics.

I'm disappointed we haven't seen more of Christopher Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed and his villain plan. The line "He's going to destroy all of reality" is worrying. Movies like this work better when the stakes are more personal, so giving Malekith the generic "I'm going to destroy everything because I'm evil" motivation could hurt the movie. But it's still early, so maybe we'll get some more idea of a plot closer to release.

No comments:

Post a Comment